For exclusive news, promotions & discount codes
BEFORE & AFTER
We ask that you read this before and aftercare so you can prepare yourself leading up to you appointment and are aware of the healing process after you receive your treatment.
Want to become an aesthetic practitioner but don’t know where to start? We offer a range of courses for complete beginners, qualified practitioners, beauty therapists, non medics and medical practitioners.
Each specific treatment we offer will have slightly different aftercare, after your treatment is preformed in clinic your practitioner will go over the aftercare specific to the treatment you have received.
- Bruising and swelling is normal. Please plan your treatments accordingly.
- After 48 hours if the area feels un-smooth please massage the treated area for 2 minutes a day for 7 days.
- Rhinoplasty only – do not apply ice and do not wear any form of glasses for 3 weeks as you will cause migration.
- Cheeks only – Sleep on your back for 3 days.
- Do not touch the treated area for 6 hours as the area must stay clean and sterile.
- Avoid applying products including make up, creams etc for 6 hours following treatment. After that light makeup can be applied and the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Until the initial swelling and redness has resolved please do not expose the area to intense heat. Eg sunbeds, sunbathing, gym, sauna, steam room or extreme cold
- Please do not exercise for 72 hours after your procedure as it can cause migration of filler or unwanted dispersion of anti wrinkle.
- If you have previous suffered facial herpes, although injectables do not cause coldsores there is a risk that injections could contribute to another eruption, due to the trauma caused to the lip. Treat as usual if so.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, please be aware that this may increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- It is important to get in touch with us if you are worried about anything after treatment so we can review and reassure you.
- Anti wrinkle only – do not lay flat for 6 hours.
- Do not get a facial for 72 hours after treatment.
- Where possible avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment as this will prolong your healing time.
- PDO Threads only – You must sleep on your back for 2 weeks.
- This is not your final result – It is not uncommon for the treatment area to remain swollen for up to two weeks. During this time the area may look very uneven, feel bumpy, bruised, discoloured and may feel sore. Please do not panic. It is normal during this period to not be entirely happy with your results. Patience here is key.
- The final result will be apparent approximately 14 days after treatment. Any initial discomfort during this period can be eased by application of ice.
- This can easily cause disappointment over the following weeks because as the swelling subsides, the treatment area may look significantly less plump than it looked immediately after injection.
- The filler has not dissolved nor disappeared, you have not wasted your money. The filler has simply sunken and formed a layer at the base of your treatment area. Many clients find they need two or three sessions in order to layer filler on top of one another – until the filler no longer has room to sink – leaving you with a fuller look.
- Unfortunately, we cannot predict how many sessions each individual will need to achieve their desired result and therefore cannot be held accountable if several sessions are needed. The results of your treatment durability and end results are influenced by several genetic and lifestyle factors completely out of our control. Aesthetics is an art process – not an exact science.
It is important to
follow your aftercare
It is important to follow your before and aftercare to ensure that you are prepared and are able to deal with and manage your healing. Here at the Faces By Bae we get asked a lot of questions about injectable treatments and what to expect after your treatment, and the advice is the same whether you have had treatment for your lips, hands or your face.
First and foremost it is extremely important to listen the advice given during the consultation and appointment and to take note of the aftercare advice being provided. It is your responsibility to look after your treatment as you would following ANY procedure. Even if you have had many previous treatments, please don’t get lazy. If there is something you don’t understand please don’t hesitate to ask and we can clarify further.
As we always discuss at every consultation there are some risks associated with injectable treatment treatments however expected down time and ‘side effects’ are explained clearly and in detail to you.